Welcome to the Brookfield Public School District. To enroll your New Student, please follow the steps below or you may pick up a registration packet from the school your student will be attending.
2016-2017 Kindergarten Registration
Any child reaching their fifth (5th) birthday on or before 1/1/2017 are eligible to register for Kindergarten. CT state law requires children to either register for Kindergarten or parents/legal guardians to complete a form acknowledging that the child was eligible to attend kindergarten. The form is available at the Center School Main Office.
State law requires all students to have a current physical examination by a physician before they enter kindergarten.
CES Kindergarten Registration paperwork may be returned to Center School through . Please bring completed forms and required documents. The health assessment must be done within twelve months prior to the start of school. Identification is necessary to enter the building. This is paperwork turn in only. Your student does not need to attend.
Please continue down the page and download the following forms or you may pick up a registration packet at CES Monday through Friday 9am-2:30pm.
Complete Online Pre-Enrollment Form
Complete a Student Information Form.
Bring Completed Forms & Required Documents To Registrars Office
Download and complete the following forms. Bring all forms completed and signed to the school your student will be attending, along with all of the required documents listed below.
- Health Assessment Record for K-12 (Blue form)
- Health Assessment Record for Preschool (Yellow form)
- Health History
- Annual Update Form (not CES)
- TB Risk Questionnaire
- Developmental History - CES only
- Preschool Information - CES Kindergarten only
- Record Release - grades 1-12
- Registration Form - BHS only
- Bus Information
- Student History
- Guidance Survey - WMS only
- Google Apps Student Contract (Not CES)
- Official Birth Certificate (with a raised seal) or passport
- Records from previous school ( most recent report card, current withdrawal grades)
- Proof of Residency - Two proofs of residency required. Documents must be less than 60 days old and must reflect Brookfield address with your name. The following are acceptable proof of residency.
- Current Utility Bill (Electric, Gas)
- Mortgage Statement /Lease Original Agreement signed
- Custody (If applicable) - If a custody agreement exists, a copy must be filed with the school district.
Post Office boxes do not meet residency requirements.
You Will Receive A Powerschool Parent Portal Letter In The Mail
After the school receives your completed forms and required documents, you will receive an admission letter from your student's school which contains a six-digit Student Access ID and Student Access Password. Use these numbers to create a login that allows you access to your child's portal. The portal is your pathway to completing the "new student registration process", viewing your child's courses, schedule, grades, and attendance. Visit the following link for more information on Creating a PowerSchool Parent Portal Account.
Additional Information For Download And Viewing
- Physical & Immunization Requirements
- Health Services FAQ's
- State of Connecticut Mail-In Voter Registration Form
- School Bell Hours
- Free and Reduced Lunch Program
- Pay to Participate
- CES Health Information
- Husky Health Insurance website
- Husky Health Form
If you have any questions regarding the process, please feel free to contact the school your student will be attending. Again, we welcome you to our district and wish your family all of the best.